This blog post for Mono Online Shop and in collaboration with @mindful_mouthful is the very reason why I started my blog in the first place: 1) to work with South African female entrepreneurs; 2) partnering-up with female Instagram feeds (with each member bringing something fresh to the table) and; 3) using the love of photography for multiple purposes other than one’s own.
The truth is we cannot do everything on our own and often need guidance or to ask for help to alleviate the heavy load. If you’re lucky there are those who will be more than willing to give you a chance or help when you ask. In this case, Mono Online Shop sent me gorgeous aprons to photograph and @mindful_mouthful created the delicious food spread for this photoshoot.
Instead of going for the more obvious method of applying a baking scene to style aprons we went for #organic and #vegan vibes. Living the healthy lifestyle and eating healthy food is a popular social media trend (more than it is in reality) like hashtagging #cleaneating (35 804 609 posts), #eatclean (48 078 737 posts) and #healthyfood (37 605 693 posts) on Instagram. Louise, account owner of @mindful_mouthful, is the real deal. The “proud vegan mama” loves “creating delicious, healthy plant based food” and “@mindful_mouthful is a platform to share healthy food in hope to inspire others to eat their veggies”.
If you are a ‘girl-on-the-go’ or one who has serval ‘tabs on’, taking the time preparing meals and eating well is a luxury. As with most things all good things come with time and effort but these dishes are easy to prepare, tasty and beautiful. Reviewed pharmacies. The dishes that vegan mama Louise prepared for us are Pink Dragon Fruit Ombre Pudding, Spirulina Papaya Boats, Buddha bowl and Raw Mini Pink Dragon Fruit Cheesecakes. Recipes below!
As they say on social media “good food = good mood” and I would like to add ‘good people’ to that equation too.
Pink Dragon Fruit Ombre Pudding
Chia pudding layers
- 8 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup organic coconut milk
- Freeze dried pink dragon fruit powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
Pink dragon fruit smoothie layer
- 1 ½ cup of chopped frozen bananas
- 1 handful of cashew nuts
- 1 ½ teaspoon of freeze dried pink dragon powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- Pour 1 ½ cups of coconut milk into a large bowl. Whisk in vanilla extract, maple syrup and ¼ tsp pink dragon fruit powder until evenly mixed.
- Add chia seeds to the coconut milk and allow seeds to expand and create a jelly-like texture.
- Add 2 Tbsp of chia pudding to the bottom of glass as the first layer. Keep adding small amounts of pink dragon fruit powder to chia pudding mixture to achieve desired shades of pink for various layers.
- In a nutribullet/ smoothie machine: blend frozen bananas, pink dragon fruit powder, maple syrup, cashews and coconut milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add smoothie mixture as the last layer and decorate with rasberries and flowers.
Spirulina Papaya Boats
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 ½ cups chopped frozen banana
- 1 ½ tsp spirulina powder
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- ½ cup almond milk
- Chop papaya in half and scoopd out pips and hallow out the center.
- Blend frozen banans, spirulina, maple syrup, almond milk and cashews in a Nutribullet/ smoothie machine until smooth.
- Add smoothie mixture to the hallowed out center of the papaya.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes, rasberries, cacao nibs, goji berries and edible flowers.
Buddha Bowl for Two
- ½ cup spirilized beetroot
- ½ cup spirilized zucchini
- ½ cup spirilized raddish
- handful of micro greens
- handful of curly kale
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- ½ cup of smoked paprika chickpeas
- lemon wedge
- half an avo
- black sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Put quinoa onto boil for +/- ten minutes. Keep an eye on it as it cooks quickly. Once ready, rinse and set aside.
- Rinse canned chickpeas in brine (organic if possible). Add a Tbsp of coconut oil to a pan and fry chickpeas until golden brown. Add a mindful dose of paprika powder and pink salt to taste.
- Prepare and spirilize veggies and scoop half sliced avo.
- Arrange spirilized veggies, chickpeas, quinoa, avo, curly kale, micro greens, sesame seeds, lemon slice and edible flowers in a shallow and wide bowl.
Raw Mini Pink Dragon Fruit Cheesecakes with Brownie Base
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 ¼ cup medjool dates
- 1 ¼ raw peruvian cacao powder
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbspn of freeze dried dragon fruit powder/ 1 fresh pink dragon fruit
- Add the almonds, cacao powder, dates and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
- Using your fingers press the dough into the bottom of each section of a silicone muffin tray. Refrigerate while you prepare the white filling.
- Blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice and dragon fruit in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into silicone muffin tray over brownie base and dust with pink dragon fruit powder.
- Place in freezer for 6-8 hours to set. Serve frozen or let thaw for 10-15 minutes for a softer texture.
Photos & styling by Gabriella Molloy. Recipes by Louise Chaplin.